Friday, September 18, 2009

Finished gifts

I am so excited to have made 2 wonderful Mae Tias(pronounced may tie) for my sister and for a friend of mine. It is so flattering to have someone ask me to make them a creation of mine. Well I only made the pattern for this body style, I did not invent the type of carrier itself. I took bits and peices from about 4 different styles online and came up with my own. I have made these for myself and they have been borrowed and loved. Of course I wanted to make these for them and I must say they turned out gorgeous. These are Asian style carriers and can be worn in a variety of ways. I can still wear Emily in mine and she is super light. Both are reversible, the one with the blue straps is the same color on the backside and the purple carrier also has a purple back. Both waist straps are quilted.

This first one is for my sister, she will wear my nephew Havin in it.

This is what it looks like while wearing a baby on the front(can also be worn on the back)Please ignore the spots on the mirror.

This is also the one is the one I made for my friend.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The purple one is ESPECIALLY gorgeous!! You are SO talented! I need to borrow yours and your sweet baby to get used to one to see how I like it before number 4 arrives! I am determined to have a baby carrier I love this time!

So glad you had a great vacation - Is that Cross in the Woods in Indian River, MI? If so, I've been there! Loved it - and we played mini golf, too!