Saturday, September 12, 2009

Yes I make babies!

As I am going through Sam's Club today this older lady walks up to me and says "wow your a busy mama!" and has a smile on her face. Natalie and Emily were in the front of the cart and I was wearing Ellie. So I only had the 3 little girls with me. As I smile at her and say "this is only half of them" her smile fades and she says "you have more?" with a look of shock. "Yes I have 4 more at home." She tries to regain her composure and says "so what do you do in your spare time?" I just politely said "Make babies" and I walked away, leaving her with her mouth open.

I am used to the comments of about the size of my family. Usually I have more charitable response, but today I just couldn't do it. Oh well, next time I will be more charitable with my responses.

Just an FYI, no there is not another baby on the way. LOL

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for you, Shari!! It's terible to know we live in such a death culture. You WERE very kind in your words. Funny to think our children will be paying for others SS. Your family is SO beautiful!
Bridgett

Anonymous said...

This is HILARIOUS! As heard on the family feud, "Good answer!!"

Jen Raiche said...

Hilarious. I can't believe you actually said that. I often think of the funny remarks, but never say them out loud. You sure gave her something to think about!

That's like when people say to us, "No girl, huh?" And then we say, "Not yet." They can't believe that we're even mentioning the possibility.