Thursday, July 23, 2009

So what's in a name?

I keep trying to think of a name for my blog. I want a name that suits me and my family since that's who I am blogging about mostly. I want something original and neat. I would like it to relate to my faith too. *sigh* I have thought of a few names but they just don't seem quite right. When I first set up the blog a couple yrs ago I just quick titled it "Our Family" to just get it up there and then I only blogged two or three times. I didn't start blogging again until Ellie got sick and then it was only to keep friends and family updated on her progress. Now I am really enjoying it and it's a great way to keep family and friends updated on what's up with us, especially since we have family from around the world.
Now I have changed the title to "Our Little Piece of Heaven", but then I see some of my friends blogs and think "oh why didn't I do something like that? Or how come I am not that creative?" Like my friend Krissy who has A Fruitful Vine or Jen who has a Box Full of Blessings, or Katie with HuMAMAe Vitae, and Kris with a Party of Nine, well now Ten.
I had thought of making the name "The Lords W.I.P(work in progress)" Durring sewing I often use this term WIP as a project is a work in progress. And aren't we all works in progress? But then I got to thinking that name focus's on me and says nothing of my family. Of course I have been referred to by my boss as the Woman in the shoe", in a nice way though. OR maybe something with Cherubs since I refer to my kids as cherubs. There are a lot of thoughts jumbled but I can't put them together.
Then of course there is giving the blog a nice look and making a nice picture with my title in it at the top. So many things could be done with that too. And it needs to be done, now to find the time to do it. I just need to dig out my creative gene and use it. Give me fabric and pattern or even just an idea and I can do it, but this is different. So hopefully someday soon there will be nice changes on this and maybe the Lord will inspire me somehow.

No comments: