Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Bird

I must relay this cute story that Ryan told me about Nathan. It goes like this
Last Saturday while I had Ashley, Tyler and Ellie with me.
Ryan, Nathan, Nicholas and Natalie were cleaning out the garage. We have an old floor drain in the garage as well. Ryan went inside for something while the boys were sweeping the garage. When he came out Nathan was holding a dead bird. The bird had been in the drain, probably looking for shelter from the cold at some point earlier this year. Anyway it turns out Nathan and Nicholas had been taking turns pretending to make the bird fly! Ryan told him(Nathan) to go put the bird in the gabage can and their conversation went as follows:
Ryan: Go put the bird in the garbage can and go wash your hands really good.
Nathan: The bird deserves better
Ryan: What?
Nathan: The bird didn't do anything to us so why are we throwing him in the garbage? He deserves better than that.
Ryan: What do you want to do for him.
Nathan: I don't know...let him stay in my room.

Not sure what happened to the bird, but I can't help but laugh(and be grossed out that my sons were playing with a dead bird) over the whole thing. Nathan is such a sensitive soul and to even want better for a dead bird.

1 comment:

Jen Raiche said...

How neat that he looked at the bird with such love. St. Francis is probably smiling in heaven.